Local SEO Can Help Your Business Grow
The digital realm is full of tough competitors including internationally recognized brands. This makes competing as a small local business a challenge, however once you start to understand how Local SEO works you’ll realize how it differs from SEO on a global scale.
The Most Important Factors That Effect Local SEO
Google and other major search engines are placing a higher importance on localizing your business online. The factors that effect Local SEO are very similar to the factors for international SEO however the manner in which they are implemented is slightly different.
- On-page Factors — On-page factors include titles, descriptions and alt tags. If your goal is to outrank your local competitors within a specific city, region or even a country, it is important that all of these parameters are localized.
- Keywords — It’s important that any focus keywords are properly localized by including specific geographical locations. Include the names of countries/cities/regions that you intend to target.
- Citations — With Local SEO, being listed on relevant local resources is more important than the quality score of the referring domain. Ensure your Local SEO approach includes listings with all relevant local directories.
- Consistency —It’s important that your business information is displayed consistently across all local directory listings, including business name, phone number and address. Ensure there are no issues with your listings being crawled by search engine spiders and that all business information is accurate and consistent with your other listings.
Which Local SEO Method Has The Biggest Impact on Local SEO Rankings?
Although some things certainly have a larger impact than others, the best approach to your Local SEO strategy is a combination of the following:
- Creating and verifying your Google My Business listing
- Utilizing local Schema
- Listing your business in all relevant local directories
This will help layout the ground work for your online presence and act as a good starting point. With the advice above and by utilizing all of the correct ranking factors your business will be able to establish itself locally and begin to shape it’s local online identity.